Tuesday 8 December 2009

A Weekend of the Juice Style Awards and the Clothes Show Live

This weekend has taken me a while to recover which is why I’m only blogging today! First on Friday night, I was so happy to see the end of the working week that me and my colleagues decided to go on a bit of a bar crawl – it was quite accidental really but it gives me the chance to tell you where is so hot to go right now. First, we started in Chameleon on Colquitt Street – Chameleon has a big week coming up actually, it’s their first birthday on Friday and their new website also go lives, check it out and get on the queue jumping list. I never knew but Friday night is now barbeque night in there, so I had ac nice chicken wing with my Mojito cocktail – bizarre but it worked! Next, I was off to Chaya – a bar I have previously loved, loved, loved but to be honest it was surprisingly quiet and I have noticed its popularity slowly deteriorating – plus they don’t take credit card payments?! So annoying!


Next place we headed was Parr Street Studios, now you may have read about this place in the news recently as all the Hollyoaks lot headed there to bid farewell to cast mate, Zoe Lister. It happened to be the place where Ricky Whittle was pictured leaving with his ex-girlfriend Carly Stenson and he was arrested moments later for running down a photographer with his beast of truck. The same thing nearly happened to me the other week when I saw him on Brunswick Street, temper temper Mr Whittle.

The bar itself was gorgeous inside, very low lit and very exclusive as it’s almost hidden off the road. Oh and before we went Parr Street Studios, we went to Heebie Jeebies – the new favourite of Alex Curran and Coleen Rooney, well if it’s good enough for them…

Talking of Alex Curran, I saw her on Saturday night as she attended the Juice Style Awards at the brand new Hilton Hotel. Also in attendance was Emma Rigby, Sheree Murphy, George Sampson and Natasha Hamilton. Zoe Salmon also appeared to have reconciled with her ex-boyfriend Gerrard McCarthy as they spent most of the night staring into each others eyes. Alex looked absolutely amazing in a bright blue top and leather mini-skirt, she stayed perfect looking even after the several glasses of champagne she drank – how annoying! Unfortunately I left in a similar style to Emma Rigby – looking a little worse for wear and hanging around my friend’s neck. Amazing night but boy, was it painful trying to wake up at 9am on Sunday morning!

Why would I do such a thing to myself you wonder? Two words; Clothes Show! I’ve been attending this event since I was about fourteen and I can never resist the cut priced make-up and designer clothes for high street prices, I even found a Fake Bake gift set – which should have been £50, for £20! I love a tan and I love a bargain, perfect. I was also lucky enough to know one of the event organisers so he kindly arranged VIP parking and seats for the catwalk show, which was presented by Gok Wan, Dave Berry and Fearne Cotton.

I’ve always wanted to see Fearne in real life so it was so great to see that she was exactly how I expected- she wasn’t one of these two-foot tall micro celebrities, she was perfect height, perfect weight and looking amazing in one of her very.co.uk designs. She looks like she could easily be your best mate! Gok tried to claim that he got more attention from the male models than she did… but only if male models like that tangoed look, honestly, I’ve never seen such an orange man, he must have been caked in foundation – amazing clothes though!

Also spotted Gemma Merna and Andy Moss, she was tiny and looked much prettier in real life, he was exactly like his character – a bit of knob really! Also saw Jeff Brazier or should I say I heard him before I saw him! Gorgeous Essex boy and I can’t believe how hard this year must have been for him with his sons. He looked happy though and was extremely friendly with people who asked for a photograph.

So there we have my exceedingly busy week and just to leave you with a cherry on top of the Sundae, no pun intended… Rumour has it Emma Rigby and Taio Cruz are now together after she was seen taking him back to her hotel room in Manchester, what a hot couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment